To maximize the effectiveness of your collection and to raise the most funds we have come up with a list of tips to help promote your Collection Day and make it as successful as possible.
- Promote your collection through posters; We have made our own poster which you can personalise for your own school! Download it here ( ROI / NI ) and distribute it in and around your school.
- Announce your collection to parents prior to handing out your bags by giving the pupils a letter to take home. Be specific about what you are raising funds for so parents will be more invested. Have you done a collection day before? Remind them of how great it went last time and what you were able to do with all the funds that were raised. We have made a template letter ( ROI / NI ) to make it even easier. It explains how our scheme works and how best to raise as much funds as possible for your child’s school.
- Now it’s time to get the children excited. What better way is there than to offer them something in return. Here are some thoughts:
- Award a "Non Uniform Day" to the class that brings in most bags
- Give a raffle ticket for each bag brought in and draw a raffle prize
- Award extra house points to the class that brings in most bags
- Are you afraid that a Collection Day might be difficult to arrange in the middle of the school year? Arrange your collection to coincide with other school events like PTA meetings, parents’ evenings or a sports day.
- Raise more funds by asking family and friends to contribute a bag to the collection. Most people you know will have clothing in their wardrobe that they haven’t worn in ages and have no use for.
- A collection can be run in conjunction with the Green Schools Programme.
- Advertise your collection through Twitter or Facebook. Does your school have a Text Service? Text all participants a day or two before the collection date to remind them to bring their Bag - 2 - School!
Had a great Collection Day? Please leave your own tips with our helpdesk so you can help the next school to do just as well!